Now viewing: All news
- Messi wins third straight Golden Shoe as top league-goal scorerBarcelona captain Leo Messi received his sixth Golden Shoe as the top scorer in the European leagues on Wednesday.
- Libya says 82 illegal immigrants rescued off western coastThe Libyan navy on Wednesday rescued more than 80 illegal immigrants of African and Asian nationalities off the country's western coast.
- 35 expat pilgrims die in bus crash in Saudi ArabiaThirty-five pilgrims have been killed in a traffic accident in Saudi Arabia after a bus collided with another vehicle on Wednesday.
- Ending extreme poverty crucial to sustainable future for all: UN chiefA sustainable future for all is unlikely unless globalization benefits all children, their families and communities, UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres said in his message for the International Day for the Eradication of Poverty, on Friday.
- Obesity rates soar due to dramatic global diet shift, says UN food agencyEating food high in starch, sugar, fats and salt; combined with a sedentary lifestyle, is a recipe for soaring global obesity rates, even in countries where many still suffer from hunger.
- Wildlife Photographer of the Year: The best images of 2019Photographer Yongqing Bao's snapshot of a fight between a Tibetan fox and a marmot was named the winner of the Wildlife Photographer of the Year.
- Kazakhstan plans to increase gasoline excise taxKazakhstan intends to increase excise tax on gasoline, this has been announced by the Minister of National Economy Ruslan Dalenov.
- Samsung's global brand value exceeds $60 billionSamsung Electronics Co., the world's leading maker of smartphones and chips, said Thursday that its global brand value has exceeded US$60 billion this year, citing an annual survey of brand management firm Interbrand.